Current Exhibition

Victoria

Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites

Fort Rodd Hill is a coast artillery fort built in the late 1890s to defend Victoria and the Esquimalt Naval Base. The fort includes three gun batteries, underground magazines, command posts, guardhouses, barracks and searchlight emplacements. There are numerous interpretive signs and audio-visual stations, as well as period furnished rooms. Fisgard Lighthouse was built in 1860 as the first permanent lighthouse on Canada's west coast. The former keeper's house now contains exhibits and a video station. 


Le fort Rodd Hill est un fort d'artillerie côtier, érigé à la fin des années 1890 pour défendre Victoria et la base navale d'Esquimalt. Il comprend trois batteries de tir, des dépôts souterrains de munitions, des postes de commandement, des postes de garde, des casernements et des emplacements de projecteur. La visite du fort est facilitée par de nombreux panneaux d'interprétation, des montages audiovisuels et du mobilier d'époque. 
Le phare de Fisgard, le premier phare permanent sur la côte ouest du Canada, a été construit en 1860. Des expositions et un poste vidéo sont installés dans l'ancien logement du gardien.

FREE entry in 2017 http://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/bc/fortroddhill/ 
Telephone: 250-478-5849
Email: fort.rodd@pc.gc.ca

Photo credit: Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites Photography By Scott Munn

Exhibition Location

Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
603 Fort Rodd Hill Road, Victoria, BC V9C 2W8

Venue Hours

Open Daily
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
(Some exceptions apply. Buildings and exhibits close 30 minutes before the site)

For More Information

For additional information, please visit the Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites website.

Related News

Exhibition Schedule

Sign up to receive updates about the program, the exhibit and more