The Saltcoats and District Historical Society formed in 1981 out of a desire to publish a history book of the Saltcoats area. These efforts resulted in an incredible written history as well as a permanent display housed in the first church built in 1890 in Saltcoats. This church was the home for Presbyterians, Methodists, and was then Lodge for the Masons until 1985 when it became home to the museum.
The museum is currently undergoing renovations to our 128 year old building so the artifacts are in storage with the goal to re-open for summer of 2019.
The From Vimy to Juno exhibit will be on display at the Saltcoats Community Hall and will be the centre of a variety of community events to take place during its tenure.
For large group tours, please contact: Glenda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saltcoats Community Hall
203 Glasgow Avenue
Tues – Fri 10-5