The Manitoba Legislative Building (MLB) is one of the province’s principal public buildings. It houses the legislative assembly, its various committees and staff, as well as offices for the ministers and deputy ministers of all departments within the provincial government. Construction on the imposing structure began in 1913 but was interrupted by the outbreak of the First World War. After the War, construction continued and the building was officially opened on July 15, 1920, the 50th anniversary of Manitoba’s entry into confederation.
The MLB is known as the most open and visited legislative building in Canada. Throughout the year, it is used not only for administrative and governmental work but also for business, commercial, ceremonial, and public use. Public, outdoor, and educational tours are offered throughout the year.
For information on guided tours and for advance registration, please call 204-945-5813.
The public is welcome to view the From Vimy to Juno exhibition in the Legislature’s Rotunda during regular open hours, no reservation required.
The Manitoba Legislative Building
450 Broadway Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 1S4
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
(Some exceptions apply)
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the The Manitoba Legislative Building website.